My diary says it is 4 weeks until I hand in CRoP and 7 weeks until I hand in the MA FMP PDF. I have an ambitious delivery set and I am stretched but it is exciting and I continue to learn a lot.
Work in progress
- This week work with video producer Yagiz Yeşilkaya, composer Deniz Güngören and curator Cemre Yesil to provide all the material needed for the you tube video. This is an exciting piece of collaboration in a short timescale. Collaborating with the expertise here can produce something so much more powerful than me working alone. Plan is to have completed video by November 20th with first draft around November 10th.
- Tomorrow I am going to ESPACIO14 to measure up the gallery space for the exhibition in March/April. I will take photographs as well. Luis the owner is working with me on an artist statement which I will include in a separate post. Intent is then to produce a tear sheet and In Design proposal for the exhibition layout. To be ready by end November.
- Work to do on the CRoP. In particular dig deeper in to each of the categories for the essay. A treasure of a read ‘On Photographs’ by David Campany this weekend.
- The campaign work with the MS Society will kick in November, 19th with an interview with Lizzie Dowell, MS Society PR Manager. With the press launch end January their current focus is on work to deliver end November and end December releases. I include below my email to the MS team working with me.
- Start thinking about the MA PDF.
Email to Zourhoure Holden (Campains) , Jenny Penninger (Campaigns), Tom Shelston (Marketing) and Lizzie Dowell (Press)
Just to let you know everything is progressing. I have ambitious deliverables but it is exciting, I am learning lots and I am committed to making it happen. The youtube video is progressing. I have a video producer working with me and a composer composing a piece for the work. The collaboration is going well and will produce a very high quality piece of work. Lizzie if you want me to hold this video piece until you do your release that can work. I am also working on an artist statement with Luis at the ESPACIO14 gallery space. I append a draft.
Emotionally it is a strange experience assembling something from material I took when I was in a particular state which was different to the state I am now in. My therapist talks about the process of remembering and forgetting that is necessary after a traumatic experience. I am still in therapy and on antidepressants but with that help am enjoying life now.
Tell me if you need anything and talk to you 19th November Lizzie.
CAMPANY, D. 2020. On Photographs. Thames and Hudson.