- Current edit works well except for image of me dancing and barbed wire. Cliched and not strong enough for the work.
- MA mark will be predominantly on the selected image set, evidence of a mock up exhibition and the write up. Other activities will be taken in to consideration but sounds like very few marks available for them. (Artistically this is disappointing for me but I should pay attention to it.)
- Send in trial mock up’s for the exhibition and show thought through layout. The work could work well playing with scale of the images. Use the fact the images themselves play with scale moving close in and far out.
- Work on the text elements of the PDF. Suggestion to be diaristic photoessay style as fitting with the project.
- Take feedback but ensure I express what I want to say.
As an artist I am becoming clearer about what I want to say. This is developing well in creating a significant local Spanish exhibition, getting to 26,000 members of the MS Society and UK National Press coverage and a YouTube video with global reach. As an MA student I need to ensure I provide 20 images with a good write up and evidence of a mock up of the exhibition in Spain.
This is disappointing but I believe I can still achieve all three audiences in the time frame available. I need to keep front of mind that the majority of the MA marks will come from the 20 images and the gallery mock up.
Further Reflection 2 days later
I have thought a lot about taking out an image Wendy said she did not think was good enough. I have agonised over this as the images are important in the way the story has been told by me and has had stimulating reactions from many people. I have decided this is a moment of artistic integrity and at the moment will stick with my choice of image. It will hurt to lose marks by doing this but I believe integrity is important for my soul.
Further Reflection 6 days later
I am settling. Consider audience. If an audience doesn’t like it then there are two choices. Stick with it because I believe it is the story and it will work. Satisfy that audience and try again with the sequence on different audiences. Time to reflect further but as ever it is great to get input and to have this problem to work through.